The Certificate of Good Conduct and the Official Certificate will be issued by The Criminal Records Authority (CRA) of COAEPS based on data registered in Criminal Records. The certificates exclude data related to infraction proceedings.
Certificate of Good Conduct
CRA issues the Certificate of Good Conduct for applicants to establish or maintain a legal relationship as well as to certify conditions determined by the law.
The Certificate of Good Conduct verifies primarily that an individual has a clean record; in this case, the certificate contains the disclosure “there is no record in the Register of Criminal Offenders”.
Upon request, the certificate contains further data about the applicant as follows:
- Is he/she not subject to deprivation of civil rights?
- Is he/she not subject to restraint of profession?
- Is he/she not subject to suspension of driving privileges?
- Is he/she not under the effect of measures (e.g. probation, involuntary treatment in a mental institution, supervision by probation officer)?
Application for Official Certificate has to be submitted, if the applicant requires to use the certificate for a procedure being in progress or for employment abroad. Our Office forwards the Official Certificate verifying the data of the applicant
- to the addressee indicated in the application form (for example police, court, public prosecution office, army, commercial office), and in copy to the applicant or
- to the applicant for the purpose of foreign use
Examples for use of Official Certificate:
- personal and property security or private investigation activity
- firearm acquisition and keeping
- gambling activity
- contracting as a professional law enforcement service officer
- employment in a nuclear institution
- employment as an armed security guard
- employment abroad
- notary public activity
- contracting as judiciary service officer
- contracting as prosecutorial service officer
- precious metal trading activities
- judicial expert activity
- membership in the Chamber of Hungarian Auditors
- bailiff activity
- real estate agent activity
- production of military products